Author Topic: Riviera Question  (Read 2779 times)

superkid

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Riviera Question
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:01:11 PM »
bought a 10'6'' Riviera.  Very Happy.  I think it's a lot nicer than the SUPATX I had.  Just wondering where it's made china, USA, somewhere else? if it made in china i don't really care its made nicely.  just nice to know thanks

mik911

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Riviera Question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
Don't know where it's made, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's China--not that there's anything wrong with that.
I always wondered about these Riviera boards.  I like the dims of the 10'6". 
I'm interested in feedback about this board.  In what ways is it better constructed than a SUPATX?
For those with experience with it, what's your opinion about the glide and surfability?

thanks
Mike

Ron House Coastal Cruiser 12'6"
Hoe Nalu surf sup  10'6"
BARK 14' custom carbon SUP
Fanatic Fly Race 12'6" carbon SUP
BARK 14' prone custom paddleboard
BARK 12' prone Surftech paddleboard
Longboards: Harbour, Becker, Local Motion
Kneeboards: Cleary 5'10"
Handboard: Brownfish

superkid

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »
I love the Riv its got a 3 fin setup my supatx had one, the traction pad is a lot nicer, I also think the Riv uses a bit more fiberglass which I like.  It feels more solid and sturdy. Also I feel it glide a lot better. I haven't surf with it yet but I hear nothing but good things. Overall I'm very happy.  Supatx is good but i feel the Riv is a lot better and price is not far apart  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:06:25 PM by superkid »

aconstruction

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
Definitely made in China like every other pop out board.  But I had one of those 10'-6"s for a while and it was a fun board.  I'm trying to buy American more and more now.

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »
I've been riding the 9'2" Nugg for a while now, and it's been a great board to learn on.  It's plenty wide so it's easy to balance on.  I ride it as a quad so I can break it loose through turns.  I found it otherwise too tight once I got beyond straight cruising.  It catches waves very easily, and considering its length, treats me decently on flat water.  I busted a fin box out of it when it was fairly new when my leash wrapped around it in larger surf, but otherwise it's been very durable.  And the pad is so cush.  The only downside for me, is that I've progressed to the point where I need something a little less forgiving and a lot more aggressive.

melsup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 10:36:19 AM »
The current Riviera 10'-6" boards are really good surfing SUP's.  They are light, on the thinner side and on the wider side, so it makes for a fun surfing board because it glides real well and get into waves real easy.  It is also nice and stable.  The key to making the board work is placement of the center fin.  One half an inch either way in the fin box makes a noticeable difference in how well the board turns relative to the type of wave your are riding.  For me, the board is just really fun to ride, and it paddles and glides so well on flat water that it is the go-to/one-stop-shopping pick for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal