Waterman - overused, played, lost it's meaning

<< < (8/12) > >>

Chan:
Take one part this

and add a sprinkle of this

and garnish with

and voila!

headmount:
I sometimes go to BC where guys risk life and limb either in the winter backcountry or on Mt. Bike trails that make me want to throw up.  But there is none of the claiming mentality I see here.  They work and wash their dishes, kiss their wives goodbye and then live on the edge in their environment every bit, if not more, than any do in this samadi tank we call Hawaii.  Never hear the word mountain men.  This surf hype is like what Admin says, the work of agents.  I appreciate the waterworld my pal Butch lives in on Lake Tahoe.  Check this water out.  Must be the source for the Culligan Man.   I love gliding but paddling around this lake seems off the charts on a day like this.

headmount:
Chan is that top pic a poster boy for prozac?

Strand Leper:

--- Quote from: Admin on June 13, 2011, 07:18:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Piros on June 13, 2011, 02:42:09 PM ---Waterman , Legend & Diva All over used words.
--- End quote ---

Can we add Iconic to your list?

Can you put out a Fireman by throwing a Waterman on him?

--- End quote ---

Did Admin just channel PDX Mike here or what??? That was wierd.

PonoBill:
It's a useful term for a concept that otherwise takes a lot of words to describe. I'll try to use it less often, but then I've been trying to use "f@ck" and "gay" less often for years and haven't made much progress.

A few weeks ago I heard someone I consider more than a bit of a delicate liberal use the term "nigger". Shocking coming from a fussy white guy. He explained he was using the term appropriately, to describe someone trying to get him to do menial labor (as in "I'm not his nigger"). I suggested it might get his nuts cut off before he could offer an explanation in the wrong company.

Just words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version