Author Topic: My stand-up before I got a SUP...LOL  (Read 1913 times)

Hip

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
My stand-up before I got a SUP...LOL
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:58:09 AM »
Started standing on my kayak and decided i needed a SUP!!

sideshore

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My stand-up before I got a SUP...LOL
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »
This photo really hits home with me. When he was a little grom, my son, who is now 18 and a very respectable SUP surfer, used to paddle out into the surf with me on our Malibu 2 Ocean Kayak and we'd catch some nice waves and it helped to build his confidence in the waves. Fast forward to when he was about 13 and SUP was just starting to show up here on the east coast, I'm sitting on the beach one day watching him ride some waves on our single kayak. I watch him take off on this nice set wave and as he completes the drop in the sitting position, he stands up and carves a bottom turn now riding across the face in the standing position on this large piece of pink tupperware.  He's got the paddle in the water like a rudder. Light bulb goes off over my head and we haven't stopped SUPing since. Anybody want to buy a couple of kayaks?  ;D

bretrwarner

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
I remember doing that at Demo days for kayak stores I used to work for. I had no idea at the time that it would eventually lead to me saying the words "I don't think I ever need to kayak again."

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:15:17 PM »
good stuff guys-there have been some butt-boarders down here at Dogpatch that got sick of us suppers having so much fun and a few have converted-they all say the same thing-Kayak and waveskis are fun but they are just head over heels with SUP.
The converts have a great wave-ocean-lineup-etiquette sense usually also.
Good to see everyone having a good time.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal