Author Topic: My paddle on the new 14' NSP.  (Read 7742 times)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
My paddle on the new 14' NSP.
« on: May 13, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »
Today I finally got to check out the new 14' NSP and was plesently surprised to find the shape.. weight.. and quallity and finish very good.

I've borrowed this demo board for our race that's on tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how it goes.. I will also get some pictures of it on the water.

It looks like it would be a great flat water paddler and maybe even good for open ocean and down-winders.

Tomorrows race conditions look wild, wet and windy so I guess we'll see.

DJ

juandoe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: My paddle on the new 14' NSP.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »
Thanks for the pics DJ.  I am always amazed at the scoops you get.  Is it your proximity to Thailand or is it just that much bigger over there?  How is it that these companies don't even have ads out before you have live pics?  I love seeing what is coming our way in 6 months.

bing

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »
Looks a lot like a C4 14 V1.  How was it DJ ?

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »
Thanks for the pics DJ.  I am always amazed at the scoops you get.  Is it your proximity to Thailand or is it just that much bigger over there?  How is it that these companies don't even have ads out before you have live pics?  I love seeing what is coming our way in 6 months.

Maybe it's because we're closer to Thailand or maybe it's because our Summer comes before yours.. We might even be a testing ground.. Don't know but I like it..  ;D

DJ

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 11:45:19 PM »
Looks a lot like a C4 14 V1.  How was it DJ ?

We had our race on the w/e and my friend Cam raced the new 14' NSP.. After a really bad start and getting washed way down the beach in the shorebreak when Cam finally got going he was a few hundred meters (yards) behind the leaders.. By half race distance he had caught and passed Chris in second place on a 14' Glide and on the last lap of four he took the lead from Paul on his F16.. He won pretty easy on the new NSP but he is a very strong paddler and it wasn't a strong field.. He liked the board.. It's not as fast as his Jav but much more stable on those conditions.. Here's more info and pictures from the race.. http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/SUP/SUP-Clubs-first-race/

DJ

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:51:57 PM by DavidJohn »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 11:51:08 PM »
Today I had my last paddle on the NSP before giving the demo board back.

It was through the city today and it was cold, overcast and the water was foul.. but it was still worth it.. [:)]

DJ

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »
DJ--cold, overcast and foul water--sounds like here.  It does look like a great way to see the city from a fresh perspective.

HawaiiRN808

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »
So how do you like the board?  Is it a good entry level open ocean race board for a 200 lbs. plus paddler?  I really like the look (and low price) of this board.  I'm thinking of buying one for training and recreational paddling.

Mahalo,
HawaiiRN808

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »
So how do you like the board?  Is it a good entry level open ocean race board for a 200 lbs. plus paddler?  I really like the look (and low price) of this board.  I'm thinking of buying one for training and recreational paddling.

Mahalo,
HawaiiRN808

I only demoed the board for a short while but I really liked it.. I think it would be a good entry level open ocean board for a heavy person.. It's a pretty big board to lift on and off the roof of the car.. and store.. But if that's not an issue it would be fine.. It would be great for recreational paddling and training.. I'd love to take it on a down-winder one day and see how it goes.

DJ

HawaiiRN808

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:25:17 PM »
Thanks, DJ.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal