Author Topic: stand up How to Video - Jim Terrell from Quickblade Paddles  (Read 7046 times)

MichaelF

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
stand up How to Video - Jim Terrell from Quickblade Paddles
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »

Hey I found this link to some pretty cool videos on stand up from Jim Terrell/Quickblade Paddles.

I have not used a Quickblade but have heard good reviews on them.

http://hinanolife.com/paddlesurfvideo.php

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: stand up How to Video - Jim Terrell from Quickblade Paddles
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
great find -- thanks for sharing it!!!

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:00:17 AM »
Great link, thank very much. I was out practicing some of theese things last night. Like quick turns. Getting them down fairly well.

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 05:34:45 AM »
That was a great informative vid on the basics of SUP boarding. Always absorbing info about the sport.....For me it was trial and error. The more sessions I had under my belt the better i got.  I'm waiting for a full length  DVD on SUP . I'm sure someone is shooting footage and will put something together.  Only a matter of time..     
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »
I'm sure someone is shooting footage and will put something together.  Only a matter of time..

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Laird guys are also working on a new SUP vid, but it will be more of the Laird style craziness you have come to expect, Peahi, river boarding, etc. 

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:36:01 AM »
My understanding is that Jimmy Lewis' how-to video will be coming out at the end of this month.  the guys at real kiteboarding, his distributor, are already taking advance orders, or so i hear.

sydneyet

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 12:34:27 PM »
There is a "stand up, how-to" coming out with Jim Terrell of Quickblade Paddles and Laird and Dave Kalama. Should be good, it's not so crazy as we would expect, shot in Malibu, CA. Paradise Cove.
Jim Terrell paddled in 4 Olympics, so he knows a bit about the proper paddling technique!
Laird and Dave...that speaks enough.

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 12:42:57 PM »
There is a "stand up, how-to" coming out with Jim Terrell of Quickblade Paddles and Laird and Dave Kalama. Should be good, it's not so crazy as we would expect, shot in Malibu, CA. Paradise Cove.

Teddy showed me some pictures from the Malibu trip, looked like too much fun.    Do you know if this video has the river paddling and the Jaws footage that I have been hearing so much about?  We can not wait to see it, have any bootleg clips you can share?  :)

Chan
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:02:59 PM by Chan »

climbbikesurf

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 05:47:23 PM »
That is a great video.  I was trying to follow the description of a cross bow draw in another tread but got confused.  The video helped a ton.  I've been using the back paddle move which is slow when a wave is coming.  I've also been trying to lean back on the tail but that has been marginal at best.

Time to try out the cross bow draw :)

pray4surf

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 08:22:18 PM »
In the vid the guy says to cut paddle down to size.  Anyone try this???  Just use a saw to cut it down to the size you want???

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
I use a 80 tooth 12" DeWalt chop saw ( for cutting Picture frames ) and cutting the carbon shaft of My Quickblades. I've cut seven so far. I then take good quality hot glue and gun to attach the handle to the shaft. I use enough glue to make sure it's watertight. A few times the glue would set up before the handle is in place..simply take a paint stripper hot air gun , heat up the shaft end and the handle slides right into place. Be sure to line up the handle ergonomically with the blade direction . Keep a rag handy to clean up any drips while the glue is still hot...This was also done with the Quickblade 2-piece and you can't tell it was ever a 2-piece...great for traveling.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal