Author Topic: Wheels?  (Read 10415 times)

Killafornia

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wheels?
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:01:11 AM »
I need to carry my sup two blocks to the water to fish.  I've seen the Mule sup carrier,  but I'm looking to just walk it down not bike ride.  Anyone have any ideas you've come up with or steer me in the direction of one that's on the market?  If not,  I'll design and fabricate my own and share with you. 
Thanks
-Tim-

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
Re: Wheels?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:38:23 AM »
Most of the "hook on wheels" just don't work well.  I have a set from a new company here to review and they just don't cut it.  The mule and quiver kaddy seem to do the trick.  I'm considering a Quiver Kaddy.  It the last event, I carried 6 board from the parking lot to the beach in the heat while I watched a guy load 3 boards on his Quiver Kaddy and push it across the parking lot and sand without any issue.

http://www.quiverkaddy.com/

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:19:10 AM »
I gotta say the MULE works great as a devise to walk your boards from the house to the beach. The strap that goes over the horn of the bike seat works like a ski pole strap when you walk the board.

I walk to the beach from my house all the time with a MULE

JimK

Allan Cheateaux

• Sunset Status
  • Enhance you open ocean existence!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - allancheateaux@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:59:37 AM »
x 2. I take it to mainland Mex for the jungle treks and it goes to the river with me for any long carries. All you have to do is lock it up when you get there with a small cable lock.

AirJunky

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • My SUP gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
I made this out of a german beer case, some conduit, PVC & a pair of wheels & axle from a kids jogging stroller (that I paid $20 for on CL). It has a hitch to attach it to a bike, but obviously you could eliminate that.
I put a padded lid on the beer case & I can fill it with gear, drinks, etc.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:00:02 AM by AirJunky »
--
Bill

Reid SUP'd

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • SUPR Adventures
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
my carrier is 99% recycled i made it out of a baby carriage that was pulled out of the garbage, an old aluminum pool brush pole, with a cheap metal clip from ace that i can attach underneath my bike seat, it can also be carried by hand, just have to make sure to place it on sand, will post pics up tomorrow vey easy to make yourself!
Supr Adventures
lisup.blogspot.com

SUP Wheels

• Waikiki Status
  • Helping you with water sport transportation.
    • View Profile
    • SUP Wheels® SUP Carrier
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:12:24 PM »
SUP Wheels ® will carry two SUP Boards at the same time and they can be standard boards or race boards.

www.supwheels.com

SUP Wheels

• Waikiki Status
  • Helping you with water sport transportation.
    • View Profile
    • SUP Wheels® SUP Carrier
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:15:03 PM »
Here is a link to the video of SUP Wheels® carrying two SUP boards in the sand.

Two boards carried with one set of SUP Wheels ®

For more information.
www.supwheels.com

NoSaltSuper

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 06:03:49 AM »
Very interested in this topic. We frequently have VERY long walks to the water at Lake Michigan beaches, through sand.

The quivercaddy seems like a good idea IF, there is no wind. It looks like a bad idea if there is any significant wind, so that's not an option for me.

I also need to transport more than one board, typically. Has anyone seen or tried this carrier?

Also looks like it would be simple to build/create something similar.

http://www.amazon.com/Roller-Trailer-Stand-Paddle-Wheels/dp/B006R15F1U/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1364907269&sr=1-6&keywords=sup+carrier
Semper Fi!

It's simple, either you get the wave or the wave gets you.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 06:41:28 AM »
I tried all that skinny and tiny wheel crapus.. In our soft sand nothing worked better than these balloon wheels.

I built this cart in about 2001-2 ..I have been using it ever since.  As a kiter I have to move pretty far away from civilians ..who plant themselves close to the parking lots.  This is an average load ..then when my wife comes, it increases x2 with - no increase in effort.

In theory, a tall, narrow bike wheel should be perfect.. but I tried them - Eh-eh. (not in my sand - they drag)  I did buy four plastic wheels that you find on electric cars that 4yr olds drive around on.  They are nice and wide but still not as floaty, but a lot cheaper than these. (I have these in reserve)  About four years ago one of the balloons went flat. it was not fixable, so I now have one Orange ..one Silver. 

But - I can truck, where most people struggle or leave their quiver in the car.

Jim 
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »
I'm curious which one of these carts work best when having to go up and down stairs...also where you have to do a tight 180 turn along the steps. The beach is 2 blocks away but about 90 feet below the bluffs.

Ucycle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 09:30:11 AM »
Jim, what are those balloon wheels are call or where did you buy it?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:47:09 AM by Ucycle »
"Surfing is not fashion, it is passion... F*CK YOU surf industry!!!!" -SL

NoSaltSuper

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
Those balloon wheels are awesome. Only problem I see is storing in the vehicle.

Did a quick Amazon search and found these, yikes, they're pricey.

http://www.amazon.com/WheelEez-Low-Pressure-Polyurethane-Wheel-WZ1-30UA/dp/B002R664AK/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1364920615&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=balloon+wheels

Then whadduya know, I looked at the name on the wheels and found this!
http://www.wheeleez.com/

Voila, wheels of all sizes and they even have SUP carts.
Semper Fi!

NoSaltSuper

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »
I really should be working right now...

Just found this, perfect! Or I hope so. Has the trailer, tie down strap, suction cup handle AND a carry case for only $89.99!

This will allow me to carry multiple stacked boards and other stuff, I hope, across the sand. Tires aren't quite as beefy as the balloon but they look more than adequate.

http://www.surfstow.com/sup-xpress.html

Just bought it here:
http://www.paddlesurfwarehouse.com/SUP-XPRESS-Stand-Up-Paddleboard-Carrier-p/supxpress.htm

Semper Fi!

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
NSS.. got it: Wheel Eze.  I don't have a picture but I found some large, commercial  fishing floats - made an axle, but the diameter was not large enough.

'In the car' has never been a problem.. and I leave them sit outside when not needed.  They have lasted a long time.  For the amount of effort they have saved me over the years - cheap at 2X the price.  Especially - on the return schlep. 

No stairs here, so cannot comment. 

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal