Author Topic: New Naish Handle ---  (Read 3003 times)

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
New Naish Handle ---
« on: May 08, 2011, 05:12:51 AM »
I just want to give credit to Naish for coming out w/ by far one of the nicest features on their new boards - the handle is awesome!!  It allows your fingers to curl up into the recess which basically eliminates all fatigue when carrying your board long distances.  It also allows you to pick up the board w/ one hand when it is lying flat, instead of having to use two.  These seem like small details, and they are, but it makes such a big difference in handling the board. 
Naish Mana 10' (currently water-logged in Costa Rica)
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"
KeNalu Maliko + Wiki (soon)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Naish Handle ---
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:41:33 AM »
I agree.. It's a reason I sold my old 17' Glide and bought the new one (with the new hand hole).. It's a long walk with your board at the end of our DW'er and I used to have to rest my board down a couple of times during the long walk to the end.. Last time I did it (with my new board) we had got end and we were standing around chatting when I realized that I was still holding my board comfortably..  ;D .. Thank you Naish.. btw I've heard the other major brands will have one soon.

DJ

SUPAlaska

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
 ;D  My wife just got an 11'6 Nalu, that is an awesome handle they have, so much more comfortable than the shallow one on my laird pearson arrow, not to mention it is also in the right spot on the board for balance.  My laird feels like they didn't account for the weight of the fins so the tail wants to drag during a long walk.

Their attention to detail is nice, certainly doesn't cost anymore to make sure you have the handle at the right balance point.

sharksupper

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »
My 7-3 Hokua has it too, very nice!  The board is so light I can actually pick it up from laying flat on the ground without sliding it up on edge.  Gives a better grip when holding it through whitewater too.  Overall I'm pretty impressed with the construction of this newer board, it seems much more stout than the 8-4 Hokua I got my first impression from of Naish boards.

pguidry

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
I got to carry the 11'6" Nalu and 10' Mana last week at a demo.  That handle is nice.  I have a 10'6" PSH w/ no handle and carry it a 1/4 mile to get to the waves.

I'm making a rope handle this week so next week should be easier.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »
The handle is more comfortable to step on while surfing too!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal