Author Topic: Angulo Shaka  (Read 3524 times)

bajadrifty

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Angulo Shaka
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
I am looking for an all around fast board. Downwinders, flatwater, River attainment witch is my  my favorite thing. I also have a 3 year old who likes to cruse and tell me which eddy to attain on my upriver missions. The Shaka looks like it could be a good lower cost rig. softer chines for ferrying .  Also the Starboard  open ocean race looks cool but not as kid friendly. Has anyone paddled  the Shaka  on heavier conditions like maui downwinders. any other boards would do the trick. I am a 200lb kayaker  class 5 whitewater paddler  and have been doing the river sup thing on a old mistral comp windsurfer for 5 years and can't find a Sup that is much better for my attainment thing. since i  need a board for the kid that is wider and more stable, i think i can find some bad ass board that can do more  than my windsurfer.  I am used to paddling a 27'' wide board so when i get on those wide boards they look and feel huge. Bla bla bla. andy suggestions.  that Shaka looks good but there are no real reviews.

lee

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Angulo Shaka
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »
I have paddled the shaka in flat water and I think it's a great board for big paddlers.Looks like it'd great for Down winders too.. I don't think it's one bit to wide either.Stability seems about the same as my 28" wide Starboard Open Ocean.
Livin the dream @LEE's SUP

bajadrifty

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
Hey lee do you think something like the starboard open ocean would work for what i want and be a better all around board than the shaka or bark expedition. I live where no demos are an option to try. The new open ocean looks sweet and kind of reminds me of some of the original wave sport kayaks of the early evolution of kayaks fast and big...

lee

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »
What's River attainment?.
The SB open ocean is pretty racy .Probably best on downwinders of the three.Probably least kid friendly.I haven't Paddled a bark.
The SB and the shaka are similar .The bark is quite a bit different.Looks more like a big surfboard in the bow and bottom.
Hope that helps.
Livin the dream @LEE's SUP

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal