Author Topic: You've heard the rumors - it's true Dave Kalama is a phenomenal instructor.  (Read 3068 times)

barbandtoby

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
As someone who has chosen to stand on the sidelines of social media and has never posted a blog, I always wondered what it would take to drive me to make my first post.  Well, here it is.  Let’s just start with this.  Dave Kalama is the best stand up paddle instructor period.  My husband and I have been stand up paddling for about a year.  We had heard that Dave was the best instructor, and so as Valentine’s presents to each other (yes, romantic right) we gave each other a lesson with Dave.  Best money ever spent!  Mind you it’s not cheap, but the saying “you get what you pay for” has never been more true.  If you want to see an amazing improvement in your paddle stroke, speed, and just the way you feel when you are on the board, take my advice and get a lesson with Dave Kalama.  I’m betting you will agree with me that it was the best money you ever spent.  You can contact Dave through his website at www.davidkalama.com.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
As someone who has chosen to stand on the sidelines of social media and has never posted a blog, I always wondered what it would take to drive me to make my first post.  Well, here it is.  Let’s just start with this.  Dave Kalama is the best stand up paddle instructor period.  My husband and I have been stand up paddling for about a year.  We had heard that Dave was the best instructor, and so as Valentine’s presents to each other (yes, romantic right) we gave each other a lesson with Dave.  Best money ever spent!  Mind you it’s not cheap, but the saying “you get what you pay for” has never been more true.  If you want to see an amazing improvement in your paddle stroke, speed, and just the way you feel when you are on the board, take my advice and get a lesson with Dave Kalama.  I’m betting you will agree with me that it was the best money you ever spent.  You can contact Dave through his website at www.davidkalama.com.

haha great. Wouldn't it be more fair if  you gave your husband a one on one lesson with a fit Swedish massage therapist / yoga contortionist? 

csx355

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile

haha great. Wouldn't it be more fair if  you gave your husband a one on one lesson with a fit Swedish massage therapist / yoga contortionist? 
[/quote]

Harsh there Taut - do you think that she would improve his stroke and speed like Dave could???

Blinding first post though.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure I met these folks--if it's who I'm thinking of they were at the Ding King party. Super nice folks, very stoked about SUP. They asked me if there was someone that could guide them on a Maliko downwinder. I looked around for Boyum, but he had just left.  Having just finished a somewhat terrifying MCKC Maliko race with huge groundswells and no wind I was feeling a little, mmm...shall we say, dramatic. I told them that Bill might do it if there was a day that wasn't likely to kill them, but with the big north swell going on that might be awhile.

I told them if they wanted to greatly improve their paddling skills they should talk to Dave and introduced them. Looked like they really hit it off.

I know firsthand what Barbandtoby mean. A little coaching from Dave has been my secret weapon in paddle racing. It's allowed a fat (265#), not very fit, sixty-four year old guy to torture young guys for more than a year. Cracked me up--lots of the folks I paddle with comment on my tremendous endurance. They didn't understand that I'm working about a third as hard as they are.

Of course I'm seeing more and more people improve their paddling. In part because of Dave's technical posts on http://www.davidkalama.com, and anyone that's gone to a Kalama Kamp, or one of his Klinics, and for that matter all the Maui kids that he's coached and trained with (perhaps you've been wondering why they're all suddenly kicking everyone's ass) can paddle really well, so that benefit is going away.

So this year I'm working on fitness and weight. And of course I'm relying on Dave to help me get fit effectively. Because (surprise, surprise) he's REALLY good at that.

I'm hoping to maintain the pain level of these 30 year old kids that can't stand to be beaten by a geezer.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile

Harsh there Taut - do you think that she would improve his stroke and speed like Dave could???

Blinding first post though.

haha, well I was just joking

csx355

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Ditto  ::)  ;D

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Ditto  ::)  ;D

you caught me at a bad time...my humour detector ran out of batteries

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal