Author Topic: A few pics of my first Wave riding on the SUP  (Read 4718 times)

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
A few pics of my first Wave riding on the SUP
« on: August 04, 2007, 03:23:12 AM »
Got out for a couple of hours yesterday. It had gotten way too small for Surfing, my padlle Bro and I hit it with the SUB's. Realy fun to be able to catch such cmal waves, and ride them for so long.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: A few pics of my first Wave riding on the SUP
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 05:46:22 AM »
Awesome Russ.  Thanks for sharing your sesh with us!

Your photos have become the first contribution to our gallery (link above), and I could not think of a better way to get it started. 

Admin

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »
Russ,
  Looks like your hooked also. Here is the first few sessions on my SUP Jimmy Lewis 11' ....   Hilton Head  SC.  is known for a golf destination. The surf is OK but tends to be on the small side often. ,,,,Cure:    SUP on our 1-2 footers  pics shown  will post on gallery.. I have had the opportunity to catch some 3-4 footers super glassy rollers in Fla.  The board seemed to respond better to more wave and push.  I'm the only one here to have a SUP which is good in away but I would like some company at times.  Only a matter of time. 
    Love this site, eager to read whats going on in the SUP world.
        Mahalo     Glen
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 08:06:51 AM »
 I had a blast on my new SUB. I am definately hooked for life. I paddle with a Bro of mine Christian quite often. I like the solo cruises, but traveling with someone is also nice. I talked to a lot of Surfers here, in the Gulf of Florida, and they all say this would be a great way to go around here. But they don't like the initial expense getting into it. I tell them to find an old windsurfer and get out out there and try it (thats what I did). But it is also funny to see the looks on everyones faces as you pull out that HUGE piece of Epoxied Foam, and paddle. I know for sure I had the biggest on the Beach yesterday LOL.

iwaterman

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »
Well done Russ.....and look ma, no crowds!

If you're ever in San Diego, please look me up.  We have waves here year round and always enjoy having new people join in for some fun!

Aloha!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal