Author Topic: which paddle/what size  (Read 1551 times)

Fireguykirk

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
which paddle/what size
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
I have a werner spanker paddle.  i like my current paddle but it is too short for me to race and do distance paddling.  I am looking at the Werner nitro and Fuse.  what size blade should i get for distance paddling? 

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: which paddle/what size
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23:03 PM »
I love my spanker too. I'm ordering a Fuse for distance and racing once I get back from vacation. One of the things I like about the spanker is the blade area, 106" sq. The fuse is longer and narrower but actually has more area...110" sq. I think a lot depends on your size and technique. I'm big and I like the power in a bigger blade. I think the narrower fuse will give me the same power when I dig in but hopefully allow for a slightly faster cadence. I'm getting the adjustable two piece max length. Can't wait to see if it makes any distance in speed.
Your best bet is to demo of course.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:25:54 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
Stoneaxe~  speaking of demos, do you know of anyone that demos race boards here on the Cape, S. Shore, RI? thanks.
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

viatormundi

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
I also have a Spanker but want to get a faster cadence paddle. I am 6 tall and 185 pounds. I wonder if I should go for Nitro or Fuse. I will use the paddle for racing and distance paddling. Other options are QB Elite Race and Kialoa Shaka Puu.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal