Author Topic: 2017 SIC Bullet 14V3 Hollow  (Read 11691 times)

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
2017 SIC Bullet 14V3 Hollow
« on: March 30, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »
Well, I though I'd take a stroll through Big Winds after walking the dogs today, you know, see if they have any board shorts on sale or something. Shoot the bull with TJ and Mark for a while and TJ mentions the Bullet 14V3. What? I guess I've been out of the loop this winter with the seemingly endless powder skiing.

Anyway, longtime 14V2 rider here, and I have to say this hollow V3 looks pretty interesting. 22-23lbs, an inch narrower, flush deck, a little more v in the tail and maybe a touch less rocker. Hmmm... I wasn't looking to buy another board as I've been very happy with the V2, of which I'm on my second one (warranty replacement), but I did just get divorced, so I have all the excuse I need to indulge myself. One of my complaints about the V2 was it was just a touch too wide for me (5'11" 170lbs). I really like the idea of a board with a drain plug as well. The V3 has an always open vent tube in the deck and a plug like a kayak, so it should be just about fool proof. It's also got a beautiful red paint job with an exposed carbon stripe up the snout and metallic lettering. It looks like a Ferrari.
Has anyone paddled this new V3? I love the way the Bullets handle as I like a board that is surfy and they are. This looks like maybe just a little faster and lighter version of the V2. I'll give it a paddle before I pull the trigger, but I think I can justify it from the weight saving alone as it won't trash my bad shoulder as much getting up on the rack in my garage, so it'd save me money in the long run, right? It's not like I'm going out and buying a Mini Cooper or anything ;)
JP

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2017 SIC Bullet 14V3 Hollow
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 05:13:42 PM »
if you can test the board and then buy it to make you  :)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 05:19:27 PM »
You be a fool not to buy that. Especially post-divorce. All the hot chicks like red hollow carbon boards. At least that's what I've heard.

Actually, now that i think about it, in Hood River they might.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 06:53:31 PM »
Hah, it's funny but I was just telling myself the other day that I was going to be perfectly happy on my V2 for another season. I'm such a gear whore. This is all Gregg's fault.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 07:47:04 PM »
Of course it is! You come ovah heah, ride MY sus board for a week, ride MY SIC F14 for a Kihei run, and, you may note, I am STILL riding a four-year old Bullet 17-4 V1. And, I got zero plans to change it. So, you ride my ancient gear and somehow, that translates to me making you want NEW gear????? You know what they say Hawaii? Das why hard, brah!

You ARE a gear whore. Look at your bike collection. You do know I'm still riding my 2008 Superfly?  And, what about guitars??? OMG, you make my OCD look mild.

All that said, you should buy that board. Chicks will dig it as you drive around town with it on your roof rack. It's like old man jewelry. And, I wouldn't normally say congrats on a divorce, but in this case, CONGRATS! Time to move along and mosey on. Post a pic of your new board ASAP please.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
2008!!! OMG, the suffering.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »
Well Cove, you have been quite generous with your discount gear rental, island shuttle service, and fleabag hostle, but I suspect it's all done out of guilt because you know you have ruined my life with this ridiculous hobby. In fact, if I remember correctly, the very first day I got on a sup was with you. It was just a few hours after I caught my wife in bed with the homeless guy from The Dalles. We went around Wells island and then you sold me your Glide. Talk about hitting a guy when he's down, sheesh! Probably no coincidence my leg was nearly severed a week later either.

Exhibit A:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:14:21 PM by JP4 »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
So you ditched the wife, maybe it's time to find new friends. And a new hobby. I hear Origami is quite relaxing,

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 11:38:42 PM »
So you ditched the wife, maybe it's time to find new friends. And a new hobby. I hear Origami is quite relaxing,
I'll look into it. I was leaning towards stamp collecting and bingo, but I should probably save those until Gregg has been put in the home so we have something​ to talk about when I visit him on Jello night.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »
I rode the 17 V3 several times (never bought one) and while it was excellent in boomer conditions, I didn't like the narrow nose when it got lighter.  When it was light, the tracking seemed not as good as the V1 or V2.  For me, one part of the appeal of longer boards is a steady line they hold. 

Haven't seen a 14 V3

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 03:27:17 PM »
Well, I succumbed to the relentless sales pressure tactics of Big Winds and bought my divorce present today. I was committed, since I offered to sell my V2 last week and it sold immediately, leaving me boardless. So here it is. It's obviously light, a little more pulled in at the tail, a little less rocker and a half inch narrower. The rails are slightly thinner since the deck is not nearly as recessed as the V2. It's obviously slightly less volume. It's going to be interesting to see how it slides compared to the V2. I'm not expecting any drastic differences​. It should turn and accelerate slightly better, but I'm not expecting it to be much if any faster overall, but then that's not my priority. I'm in it for the surfing since I'm slow anyway. Hope to get it in the water later this week.
We are just starting to get westerlies in the Gorge, but the current is so fast right now it's going to take a nuker to get me out there on that treadmill.
JP

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:28:51 PM by JP4 »

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 03:53:13 PM »
That's a nice looking board. Next time, spare all the drama and just buy. I wasted much needless time convincing you of what I knew you would already be powerless to stop: Another gear purchase. It's only a problem if you become unemployed. I must've spent up to 7 minutes writing posts to try and get you to buy this.

Even though you are slow, the board is going to look real good on your car when you put your flat bill on and head down to Double Mountain. Park where the chix can all see you, so that they know you're not just another old shuffle board jockey but a PLAYER! Oh yeah. Also, you might wanna put this in your pictures for your Tinder profile.

Other than that, congrats on an awesome Gorge board. That thing should be about perfect. Waves can be pretty fun on a nuking day this time of year. That pic above of us coming into the Event Site on a glassy cold day is great! I miss paddling on that kind of glass, which, even on a calm day, we never get. When you come over in June, we will do Maliko, you're going to love it.

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 04:06:53 PM »
Hah, you know Cove, as I am going to remind you over and over, this is your fault and my financial insecurity can be directly traced to you introducing me to this ridiculous pastime. Every winter I tell myself I'm not going to buy another board, and yet the pattern repeats. Between this habit and funding your PERS, my children are back on the Ramen diet for the foreseeable future. I am all for trying some Maliko, but you will probably not be agreeable to that after my son comes over and shadows you in the lineup for days on end  ;D
JP

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 06:37:29 PM »
Holy crap that's a pretty board. Chick magnet for sure.

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
Yea,  that is a pretty awesome looking board.....just don't run into anything!
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal