Author Topic: Hypr Hawaii boards  (Read 3478 times)

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Hypr Hawaii boards
« on: January 22, 2017, 02:48:38 AM »
One for guys over in Hawaii.....does anyone paddle these boards or know much about them? They are just appearing in the U.K. And was interested to know if they are a pretty well established brand over there. Cheers.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Hypr Hawaii boards
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:30:13 AM »
They are from the big island I thInk. I paddled one as a rental a few years back but couldn't really comment beyond that. Seemed like regular factory boards but they might have changed, as I said, been a while.

ford

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hypr Nalu Hawaii boards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:41:04 PM »
I was just in Kona and came upon their shop the last day there. I didn't get to paddle any of the boards, but I talked with the owner Ian Foo. Passionate guy and fun to talk to. From what I gathered they make their own boards there on the Big Island.

I was impressed with what I saw. I really wish I could have taken one out, but I just didn't have time. They seem to do a lot of surf and paddleboard lessons from their small store front on the water. Their rental boards were their own. They also make their own Outrigger Canoes that looked awesome.

Here's a link to a UK magazine review of one of their boards.

https://standuppaddlemag.co.uk/2017/06/29/beast-mode-hypr-nalu-hawaii-amakua-9-9ft-x-27-5-x-160l-performance-longboard-sup-review/

Here is a link to the US website.

http://www.hyprnalu.com/boards-1

They use their own boards for rentals, but those mostly seemed from their basic, more entry level line. The racing and touring boards I saw and I liked the owner.

They were preparing to ship out four boards they sold to people on the mainland the day I went there. They ship direct to the airport for pickup there.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Hypr Hawaii boards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 04:54:34 AM »
Very nice looking boards on that US website. Look like works of art.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal