Author Topic: The electoral college  (Read 17505 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: The electoral college
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2016, 10:01:38 PM »
taut. at least get the source of the map right, it's from CNN, I didn't forge it, I'm not interested in this enough to go thru those efforts.
And so it looks like you have just as big a problem with CNN as you do FOX.
You might have to start your own news network.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of CNN. They have some decent journalists, but overall I'm not a huge fan.

Did you find the image on CNN? Or somewhere else. I mean I see the CNN logo on it, but that isn't exactly damning evidence since proliferation photoshop. The poll it refers to did not ask anyone about them paying tax or not.

Here is the actual survey:
http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/race/president/

Evaluating sources is critical to our understanding of the world.

Let me reiterate what I tried to convey previously...   Dude, I don't care about the map! I don't even remember what the map was about. MY POINT, which had nothing to do with the map, was that Snopes often takes an issue and rules it "TRUE" or "FALSE" without having thoroughly investigated the issue. Now you might say; "well, nobody get's it right all the time" and I would agree with that, but the couple that runs Snopes is either dumbass lazy or they have an agenda due to the FACT that they almost always echo the EXACT SAME BS that corporate media lies to us about.

Also, I suggest you do a little research into tyrant Abe Lincoln because he and his "civil war" was NOT at all the way we've been brainwashed to believe it was.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2016, 10:02:15 PM »
Enough:

Damn, I can't stop watching that!

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2016, 07:38:17 AM »
Trump has consistently disputed reports that Russian intelligence worked to help his campaign. In an interview with Time published this week, Trump said, “I don’t believe it. I don’t believe they interfered." He added he believed the reports of Russian intervention were politically motivated

if  he  says  it , it  has  to  be  true 

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2016, 10:08:03 AM »
If there was ever a time for the Electoral College to hit the brakes, I think it's now...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/10/505072304/cia-concludes-russian-interference-aimed-to-elect-trump?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2038

Because you believe the US's version of the KGB, the CIA, who's purpose is to obfuscate the truth and destabilize the world, is now telling the truth? I see this as a clue that the CIA knows it won't be business as usual with this administration.

Trump has consistently disputed reports that Russian intelligence worked to help his campaign. In an interview with Time published this week, Trump said, “I don’t believe it. I don’t believe they interfered." He added he believed the reports of Russian intervention were politically motivated

if  he  says  it , it  has  to  be  true

But how could Russia have been involved? By hacking email accounts and giving those emails to Wikileaks that exposed the FACT that democrat  operatives in fake news, i.e. mainstream media, like Donna Brazile, were asking Hillary questions at the debates that Hillary had given to them in advance?

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2016, 11:39:37 AM »
Sure, if you hacked party X and Z, but only released info for party X, then yeah it must be the media's fault, makes total sense.

I'll just get all my info from Breibart and Fox from now on, fuck mainstream media.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:41:28 AM by johnysmoke »
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »
Well it's a good thing that Obama is now going after fake news....... he can start with Hillary's blaming a video on the Benghazi attack, then "hands up, don't shoot", and most of all, the polls before the election, but it's a good thing that Brian Willams is already on it, LOL!!!!!
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/08/tall-tale-anchor-brian-williams-fake-news-played-a-role-in-this-election-video/
It takes a quiver to do that.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2016, 01:07:31 PM »
It's easy to see how fake news can be effective.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2016, 01:13:21 PM »
Well it's a good thing that Obama is now going after fake news....... he can start with Hillary's blaming a video on the Benghazi attack, then "hands up, don't shoot", and most of all, the polls before the election, but it's a good thing that Brian Willams is already on it, LOL!!!!!
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/08/tall-tale-anchor-brian-williams-fake-news-played-a-role-in-this-election-video/

...and the Gulf of Tonkin that lead to 53,000 US soldiers and millions of Vietnamese dead, JFK lone gunman conspiracy theory, promotion of the governments 911 conspiracy theory, weapons of mass destruction and Al Queda in Iraq, FAKE scenes of CNN talking heads wearing helmets that were supposedly in Iraq during the war, Brian Williams AND Hillary lying about being shot at, polls showing Hillary with a 93% chance of winning, ABC's staging of a FAKE crime scene last week, etc., etc.

That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to MSM's FAKE news coverage. At least the Russian people knew Pravda was FAKE but millions of dumbed-down fluoride drinking american sheeple still allow themselves to be manipulated and indoctrinated by media that is the PR arm of the politicians and their cronies in the same way Pravda was for the USSR. It's pathetic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YwIkknxE8E
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:16:12 PM by magentawave »

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2016, 06:57:22 PM »
hahahaha. He did it with a straight face. I wonder if the camera crew were nudging each other when that was running.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2016, 07:14:09 PM »
If there is anything really wrong with the electoral college it's the state's adoption of "all or nothing" rules, which serve to disenfranchise voters. I've never heard a coherent argument in favor of the approach, but 48 states have adopted it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »
hahahaha. He did it with a straight face. I wonder if the camera crew were nudging each other when that was running.

At least this guy was honest about the perpetual FAKE NEWS they dish out to us...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2bW9cF27E

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2016, 12:30:56 AM »
If there is anything really wrong with the electoral college it's the state's adoption of "all or nothing" rules, which serve to disenfranchise voters. I've never heard a coherent argument in favor of the approach, but 48 states have adopted it.

I think this is the one thing democrats and republicans have agreed on, because it excludes everyone else.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2016, 06:42:50 AM »

I think this is the one thing democrats and republicans have agreed on, because it excludes everyone else.

That's about the only argument that makes sense. A third party candidate would have to overcome all the funding issues AND deal with all or nothing electoral systems in each state. Very hard to change this stuff because the people who benefit control the easiest path to change it. There's nothing in the constitution about a two-party system, it arose some time after, and it's unfortunate. Getting public support for significant changes to something as abstract as the electoral system is probably impossible.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2016, 11:45:20 AM »

That's about the only argument that makes sense. A third party candidate would have to overcome all the funding issues AND deal with all or nothing electoral systems in each state. Very hard to change this stuff because the people who benefit control the easiest path to change it. There's nothing in the constitution about a two-party system, it arose some time after, and it's unfortunate. Getting public support for significant changes to something as abstract as the electoral system is probably impossible.

The way I see it, congress is there to represent and support the constituents from their states. Having an equal number of senators (two) from each state work in allowing a less populous state the have more equal footing with a more populous state. But the president is not there to represent states rights, but to represent all citizens equally. To represent all citizens equally, all citizens votes should count the same. Changing the states all or nothing system would e a step in the right direction, but it would still give more value to a citizen's vote from a less populous state.

I know the electoral college system will never change because it can only be changed by those that are in power. Those that are in power get there through the electoral college and they aren't about to change something where they may loose any advantage that help them gain their power.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal