Author Topic: What's the best weed fin?  (Read 19206 times)

Larry Allison

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/larry.w.allison
    • Email
Re: What's the best weed fin?
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
Wanted to share some fin ideas for downwind conditions. Will start first with the Elite Aercor that Jeremy Riggs uses in Wave swell conditions, where you are riding a swell with wind assist. Here's a review and pic talking about the Aercor, with it's enclose bearing locking concept "Clicl It" used now by me for the last 4 years. This fin will be available in a Carbon Foam sandwich (NOT HONEYCOMB) later May for those who's mind set is weight. This fin is already light hence the name AERCOR!

Luc Benac  · Burnaby, BC, Canada ·
Tried Stubby - the TWC SIC Bullet 12 - last week-end. My first reaction was that somebody took a saw to the board - where is the nose? But it is a nice little fun board. And tug boat wake was encouraging. I think that it could double both as an all-around board for my wife and a surfy, sneaky, durable board for short period waves when we got a front coming to the Rock or Spanish Banks. Sure got the perfect fin for it
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:37:36 AM by ProBox-Larry »
Allison Race Fins

Larry Allison

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »
The Ninja is a Favorite for over 2 decade in 2 Sports, Windsurfing and Now Sup. The Ninja has the same plan shape but different structure lay up,in Windsurfing this fin was laminated with a Iso and Polyester Resin blend because of lateral stress loads along with a foil thickness of 7/16" thick for control. In the Sup world of today this fin is made up of a straight Polyester Resin blend at 3/8" thick for slower speeds and flex. This fin will never be made by me in a lightweight mold structure because the flex properties would change and turn this fin into a Anchor.

My friend Teene Froiseth in Hawaii at Makaha uses this fin as one of his favorites for downwind, because the water swell is different from Maui where Jeremy paddles. The depth of the Ninja gives you hold in a rolly surface and the flex makes the fin feel small for projection and maneuvering on high volume boards. The Ninja comes in Screw/Plate combo or Screwless in "Click It" style in a Fiberglass Layup only, which can be used on 12'6" or 14' boards.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:46:19 AM by ProBox-Larry »
Allison Race Fins

Larry Allison

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »
I will return with more downwind fin info, have to go in the sand pit because Race Season is on and Special Surfboard fins for overseas have to get done by me to help the crew finish. I shall return my friends.

Allison Race Fins

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal