Author Topic: Coreban Platinum 8'5" or ...  (Read 3973 times)

Josh

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Coreban Platinum 8'5" or ...
« on: March 18, 2016, 12:28:43 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has experience riding the Coreban Platinum series line? I'm looking into selling my Surftech Channel Islands 9'1" to get something a little smaller with more performance. I have ridden an 8'10" Laird Surrator which I liked. Just curious about the Coreban board as far as speed, performance, durability...

Thank you in advance!

jarvissup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Coreban Platinum 8'5" or ...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 04:45:48 AM »
I looked into those boards briefly. Like you I couldn't find any information, and have never seen one in the water.  I, also, was looking for a fast, durable performance board.  After all the research, the JP's made the most sense. The JP pro construction is light and durable, and the boards are fast.  I am impressed, and we have since bought two more JP's. Another board I haven't seen in the water is the F-One.  The Madeiro's are supposed to be fast and durable, I just bought one, I'll post a report after I get some water time on it.  Good luck with the search.

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:29:57 AM »
You can find them I South Africa and Australia...I don't think they ever made it to The U.S.A.  My friend was the distributor , Ocean Lineage, but gave up trying to work with them as he didn't get any of his orders.  From what I have heard Coreban is history in the U.S. For the time.   Sad to hear that
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

gulljammer

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:06:38 AM »
About a year ago I purchased a 9' Coreban Platinum Plus. My go to board at the time was an L41 8'4" ST, which I can't say enough good things about. I decided that I wanted to add a more traditional shape board to my quiver, and came up with the Coreban. The board was well built, with a nice deck pad, handle and came with a good set of fins. That's about about as far as the new board joy went. It surfed like a pig. When paddling for a wave it would have a tendency to 'railroad', where the paddle side forward rail of the board would dig in an not release causing the board to loose most of its entry glide. The rear portion of the board seemed to have more volume than the front so doing a pivot turn was difficult. It was only after a few sessions that I was looking at the board side on from a distance and notice that the rear deck of the board was slightly thicker than the front. Maybe I had come to accustomed to riding the L41 that this board felt very unbalanced (not unstable) and surfing it was no fun. After dozen sessions I sold it and ordered another L41. Life's to short to surf a board you don't get along with.

I'm waiting on a 8'8" Sunova Speeed to arrive to see if it lives up to the hype.  Good luck on your quest for a new board

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 02:29:58 PM »
Coreban is alive and well in the USA.
There is new distribution now with west and east coast representation.
We'll see how they do...

Last Year was a flop for them as the transition of ownership and the
production being misplaced at the factory..the USA lost the season...

We have carried Coreban for many years and have quite a few in the water in these parts
as well as the boards we have shipped elsewhere...

Hoping they can provide anywhere near the level of service we received from Oceanlineage...
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

Coops

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »
I have had the 8'10 and 7'11 Coreban Platinums for about 6 months and they are very well made and surf great. Full carbon construction.  They are fast and responsive.

Incidentally, I am selling both Corebans now because I recently joined the Starboard Ambassador program and need to make room for some new boards.

Please pm me of you are interested in either one.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal