Author Topic: iSUP Touring - SIC AirGlide Bullet 14' + Recon 11-4 + RPC 14' Elite Race - Vid  (Read 3923 times)

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
The great thing about iSUPs is they fit in taxis, and you don't have to drop a car at the other end for a downbreezer like this. Here is a vid of one of our first iSUP tours using a SIC AirGlide Bullet 14', a SIC Recon 11'4" x 30" and a RedPaddle (RPC) 14' x 26" Elite Race. The route is a hybrid of the "Frisky Whisky" and "Port Shelter Express" downwind runs, starting and ending in the same places as the Frisky Whisky. This was 9.7mile / 15.6kms starting at Tso Wo Hang Pier in Sai Kung and ending at Clear Water Bay Marina in Hong Kong.

We swapped the boards around and it was interesting to see the difference between the RPC 14' Elite Race with virtually no rocker and the SIC AirGlide Bullet 14' with rocker (and wider). Some good fun duelling going on, and being iSUPs, no issues with bumping into each other. The RPC being narrower is tipper and faster, but the SIC Bullet glides better. Both great boards for this type of trip.

GoPro 4 Black - Headmounted
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:12:03 AM by Off-Shore »
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
Rubbing is racing..
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Ha! No way in hell would you get a taxi driver in the UK to take three wet passengers and three wet boards plus paddles... you could only do this in hot countries. Once the inside of a car here gets wet, it stays wet.

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
Ha! No way in hell would you get a taxi driver in the UK to take three wet passengers and three wet boards plus paddles... you could only do this in hot countries. Once the inside of a car here gets wet, it stays wet.
We are very lucky here with Taxis taking wet passengers. During the monsoon / typhoon season, everybody gets completely soaked and the taxis can charge extra on their fares through call centres, so they are all well prepared to take drenched people. The seats are all plastic and when we get back to our car we always offer to towel down the seats and tip accordingly.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:41:22 AM by Off-Shore »
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

bing

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which board did you like downwinding?  I am considering the RPC or the SIC. 

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Which iSUP for downwinding?

Hmm...which would I prefer: an ice pick in my eye or a testicle burst in a metalworking vice?

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Area 10 may have a slight bias against iSUPs  ::)  ***********self-deleted extra snarkiness here*****************

What I can't figure out is why he clicks on any title with iSUP in it?

Maybe someday I'll have a real board and get on his bandwagon too (really -I'm as elitist as the best of them :D )  - but now I'm just thinking "It's so much better than NOT going out" that I fool myself into having a great time.

I see Off-Shore having fun over a distance of 10 miles of ocean on boards that I can get shipped to Alaska for a shipping-cost that won't give my wife a heart attack, that I can carry in a car, I can store inside -it makes me wanna' know, without wasted bandwidth (those who just can't stand 'em, just don't reply, please), which one he like best and why?

zachhandler

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
That is a great video. Music is awesome. The light at that time of day is awesome. Captures a very playful vibe. I appreciate performance equipment but i am no purist. Out in the waves with friends is fun even on rented peddleboats.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal