Author Topic: CR trip ahead  (Read 1728 times)

terrygar

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • SW Florida Art
CR trip ahead
« on: February 14, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »
Where can I go to get a nice resort/hotel for my wife, in CR, who does not SUP and at the same time have beach access for me to SUP, try sup surf and enjoy a town at night?? Maybe near a jungle area?
Terry
I just completed a 50 day straight run of SUP everyday, thanks to Florida in the winter!

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CR trip ahead
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 05:41:24 PM »
I'm pretty much going on the same trip in 4 weeks. We are staying in Avellanas for 5 nights, and then Nosara for 2 nights. I've a 9'5 Naish Mana setup for rental. I'm planning on getting a sunrise session in, hang out with the wife, then a sunset session depending on wind/waves.

Hoping to do some cool hikes and stuff. Where are thinking about going? We would have gone to Dominical or Santa Teresa probably but I'm using hotel points and staying for free in Avellanas.
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

beaner

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CR trip ahead
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »
My wife and I went to Tamarindo last year and stayed at El Diria. My criteria was pretty much the same as yours. It's right on the beach and in town with lots of restaurants, etc...

El Diria has a locked storage room for boards which was handy too. There's also good rentals available a short walk away at Costa Rica SUP Adventures.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal