Author Topic: Guiones SUP Sesh  (Read 3068 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Guiones SUP Sesh
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:34:22 AM »
Hello Zoners. Hit Costa for a nice stretch. Sure felt good! Guiones was a blast on SUP. Coconut Harry's had the same old selection of SUPs as last year. Went w/the Naish sled again. $20US for the day! Back in the cold Northeast now. BRRR! PC crashed first day so I had limited time on the web.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Guiones SUP Sesh
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
Sweet....oh to be warm again.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 05:07:38 AM »
hope to be in the water by 230pm wed at manzanillo bay rivas province nicaragua

your pics got me all worked up!

taking my new allwave 8'11

imma dial that thang!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »
Here's da vid.  8)

Sweet....oh to be warm again.
For real! NJ is a frozen tundra today!
hope to be in the water by 230pm wed at manzanillo bay rivas province nicaragua. your pics got me all worked up!
Hope you get some!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 06:47:16 AM »
surf was a bit of a bust, frankly.
i pride myself in paddling out in pretty sloppy heavy offshores, but we had several days of gusts to 35-40 knots, and winds blew minimum 20-25 the entire time we were there. And ther were times i saw blowing foam a la 45+ from my deck woith binoculars.

Got two nice days at popoyo inner as winds shifted such that they were more protected than at panga, colorados and manzanillo. even these two good days, we were fighting 15-20 with bigger gusts the whole time

paddled out everywhere, too stubborn to concede, and can say that, during the less-windy season (our summertime) the waves would be beautiful.

panga is a sweet sup wave--starts real soft, a good 1/4 mi offshore (we had our panga anchor and wait!) then wells up to good size, steep, but not too steep-long ride-in 30 knot winds tho, no way to paddle into the softness early--major shoulder exertion with steep drop the only way, with many fails to get one right--exhausting--my longboard friend and i were frustrated by the fantasy of riding these with less wind--he is a really good performance LB rider and even prone he missed way more than he got--

manzanillo is a left point break with a tight bowly peak, next to a lot of rocks-incredibly picturesque-a tough but doable drop, but not so in high wind-- i got a few there, a couple 2-4 ft overhead, with some brutal crushings and over the falls--inside the point break there is risk of washing onto rocks, esp at low tide--flirted with that bc I just couldnt not try--again with less wind would have been amazing.

popoyo inner is a nice a frame which barrels a bit, but quite manageable--outer was firing a bit, but way too windy to even consider--easy to see that tow in pros fly in for this spot in the summer.

problem seems to be that the trades kick up hard as they pass over lake nicargaua, which covers a good piece of the entire interior country.

i was warned re the winds, but thought that, given what i face here in noretheast, i would find them nbd--not the case

i repeatedly commented that nica should be a kite and ws mecca--with serious watchers and chase boats! few boats/people and next stop is japan if blown away!

beautiful country with generally very nice gracious people (despite reagan's war down there)--second poorest in hemisphere (to haiti) but none of the horrifying begging distended stomachs, obvious malnutrition that is all over the place there.

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:40 AM »
oh and there were no crowds--but my read is meaningless, as with the winds, seemed the linup was at the bar drinking and herbing
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 07:03:34 AM »
Thanx for the in depth rundown and description of Nicaragua, EB! Now I don't even have to go.  :P I always knew the offshores were BRUTAL up there from my experiences in CR. The farther north you venture in Costa towards the Nicaragua border the stronger the Popagayo winds get. A local here on LBI (NJ) runs a kitesurfing camp close to the Nic border during our winter months. He gets to enjoy those gusties while we struggle w/the offshores in the surf.
Here's a shot of one of the expats that surfs where we surf regularly in CR. This day was BRUTAL w/the offshores. And this spot is a SOLID 3-4 hrs from the Nic border.
btw- I scoped your profile and from the looks of your quiver I'd say you def know what your doing. NE is a bit vague for your location though. More specific please? LOL- I just noticed we're neck and neck in number of posts.

http://www.destinationkiteboarding.com/cometa-copal-kitesurfing.html

https://www.facebook.com/cometa.copal
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:13:03 AM by surfercook »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal