Author Topic: Really big SUP boards  (Read 6087 times)

spindrift

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Really big SUP boards
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 07:23:59 AM »
Ichabod. How firm is the deck on the rotomolded board pictured? I tried one of these several years ago and found the hollow deck a bit soft. I'm sure they have improved. The other past concern was getting the deck pad to stay stuck. Your Body Glove edition looks solid.
Life Rewards Movement

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 08:20:47 AM »
Sky Mall in there summer issue has a big SUP from Airhead.  It is 10'8" x 38" x6".
You can go online to see it at:  SKYMALL.COM
Here is a link.
http://www.skymall.com/super-stable-sup-stand-up-paddleboard-kit/AHSUP2.html#q=airhead+sup&start=2

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 08:42:19 AM »
Aome of those boards might be stable, but they're hard to paddle. The Badfish MCIT in the longer version will accommodate a moderate sized party and a keg, but if you're not in whitewater, it's mostly good for spinning in circles.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »
Spindrift, the deck is a bit soft. You have to get used to a little give on the board, but I don't find it gets in the way much. I'm not going to be putting this board in a situation where I need a totally hard board. If I do, I take something else.

I don't think Bodyglove has Imagine clones anymore. The only difference between my model and the Imagine model is the color and the handle design in the nose.

The deck pad has been fine. The only issue is that the foot guides are under a structural depression on the board. These are part of the board, but the is a little separation there after a couple of years of use.

I don't think this a hard board to paddle either. I've done my standard 7+ mile run on it. It's a turtle, but a very stable turtle. You need to paddle close to the tail to avoid making it turn too much, but if you scrape the rail with the paddle, so what? Another good thing is that the fin pops in and out without screws.

I don't think you're in my neck of the woods or I'd let you try mine.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal