Author Topic: Getting Tired of Waiting Robbie Naish!!  (Read 23786 times)

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Tired of Waiting Robbie Naish!!
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »
The thing is, the Bullet V2 and the TWCC Bullet V1 are completely different boards.  The V2s are "all-around" ocean boards, built to race on calm days OR on 30mph downwinders.  The 2013 Bullet 14 is pretty much a dedicated downwind board.  Of course its fine to paddle on flatwater too, but its not going to be competitive.  The V2 is not available in TWCC.

Bummer. Maybe I need to start a new thread, "Getting tired of Waiting for Mark Raaphorst", to lobby him to make the awesome V2 available in cheaper TWC construction, or the new F14 in TWC and something skinnier than the 30" fatty.  ;)

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »

Are there any other boards besides the SIC Bullets and Fanatic Falcons that those looking for a narrower alternative to the 2014 Glide would consider for a general purpose (up/down/crosswind, touring and racing, open ocean and flatwater) 14 board for smaller riders?

Absolutely.   We could probably go off on an opinion tangent naming them all.  I have found mine in custom shapes.  They are lighter, better looking in my eyes and not much more expensive.  Mine have also performed well on the podium and offshore in legit Great Lakes downwind conditions.  So it can be done.

But Naish does a great job too and Im a huge fan of the Glide.  I own the original 14 design and love it still.   I mainly use it now for bigger conditions for here, anything over a 6' swell.  Their new design in a 27 would be sweet.
Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

raf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • soposup.com
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 03:36:48 PM »
The thing is, the Bullet V2 and the TWCC Bullet V1 are completely different boards.  The V2s are "all-around" ocean boards, built to race on calm days OR on 30mph downwinders.  The 2013 Bullet 14 is pretty much a dedicated downwind board.  Of course its fine to paddle on flatwater too, but its not going to be competitive.  The V2 is not available in TWCC.

Bummer. Maybe I need to start a new thread, "Getting tired of Waiting for Mark Raaphorst", to lobby him to make the awesome V2 available in cheaper TWC construction, or the new F14 in TWC and something skinnier than the 30" fatty.  ;)

The SCC are so much lighter than the TWCC that they actually justify the cost increase.  They aren't cheap though, thats for sure. 

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:02 PM »

The SCC are so much lighter than the TWCC that they actually justify the cost increase.  They aren't cheap though, thats for sure.

Yup.  And that's what some of us are thinking with the Naish 14 X26LE.   Same issue.  So Mr Naish and Mr Raaphorst, let's see a cheaper and more durable (and obviously heavier..) version of the X26LE and the Bullet 14V2!

(Please.)

I'll buy one.  Or the other.    8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:53:54 PM by Muskoka SUP »
It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 04:04:24 PM »

Yup.  And that's what some of us are thinking with the Naish 14 X26LE.   Same issue.  So Mr Naish and Mr Raaphorst, let's see a cheaper and more durable (and obviously heavier..) version of the X26LE and the Bullet 14V2!

Maybe those Tower guys can pull it off with their new space age materials!  ;D

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »

Rideordie

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »
Glad to see everyone jumping in and stoking the fire on this one.  Really enjoyed seeing that some the Naish faithful are sharing my views.  I meant what I said.  I am tired of waiting.  I get the itch to buy a new board about every nine months to a year.  I am planning to head to the Carolina Cup and test some boards and particularly the SIC X 14's.  Already have discussed a trade in of my Javelin.  If I like what I ride, I will write the check.  Right now, I am thinking it will be black and white, not yellow and black.  Gonna hang onto my 2nd gen Glide, unless you want to pay me $5,000 for it.   I hear that's the going price these days.   ;D             
2021 SIC RS 14 x 24.5
Naish Glide 14 (v2)
SIC X-14 SCC  
KeNalu Konihi 95 xTuf(s)
KeNalu Mana 90 100 Flex

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2014, 05:05:31 AM »
Glad to see everyone jumping in and stoking the fire on this one.  Really enjoyed seeing that some the Naish faithful are sharing my views.  I meant what I said.  I am tired of waiting.  I get the itch to buy a new board about every nine months to a year.  I am planning to head to the Carolina Cup and test some boards and particularly the SIC X 14's.  Already have discussed a trade in of my Javelin.  If I like what I ride, I will write the check.  Right now, I am thinking it will be black and white, not yellow and black.  Gonna hang onto my 2nd gen Glide, unless you want to pay me $5,000 for it.   I hear that's the going price these days.   ;D           

Mine's available for $4,999.99.  ;)

+ shipping.

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »

Last Fall, I ordered one one the last 2013 DCC F-16's that SIC had in stock (I think there were 3 left at that time). When it showed up, the outside of the box was marked 2014 F-16, and a quick inspection revealed that it was. A quick phone call to my rep to report the mix-up, and they were not happy, as the 2014 boards were not supposed to be out until New Years. They wanted it back, pronto, but since I'm on an Island up here in Alaska, it was too much of a logistical mess. So, they let me keep it, with the understanding that I don't leak any pics or video of it out until then.

Long story short, I was bummed at first, as I figured it would be a lot heavier due to the SCC construction. Wrong! Not that I have a DCC model to compare it against, but when I un-boxed it, I was amazed at how light it actually is. Still haven't put it on a scale, but I doubt it is over 30 lbs.  Very happy with it for sure! Now, we just need to get some windy days. It has been a very mild Winter, without too many storms (not complaining too much though)  ;)
Pete.

Rainskates: Kick-Ass skateboard wheels.

supsoutheast.com:  BIC, Ke Nalu, Naish and SIC dealer for S.E. Alaska.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »

+ shipping.
Mine is still $5,000.00.  But the retail value is $7,499.00, so that represents a savings of $2,499.00 for anyone buying from me.   

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »

+ shipping.
Mine is still $5,000.00.  But the retail value is $7,499.00, so that represents a savings of $2,499.00 for anyone buying from me.

My price is in Canuckistanian $.   
Better deal for some one from the Excited States... ;D

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2014, 04:53:26 PM »

+ shipping.

My price is in Canuckistanian $.   
Better deal for some one from the Excited States... ;D
I'm working on a quadrant graph to prove that mine is best.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard